Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pretty DIY Towel Hooks in the Bathroom

So do I love anything about my house - heck  yes!

For instance, I have the coolest husband ever. He builds stuff. That's about all I know about it. I ask and design, he changes the design and builds, then I paint. It's a perfect symbiotic relationship. Or parasitic. Depends on his mood.

So bathroom towel hooks....


Nice, yes?

How to do it:
  1. Buy plywood and 3" edging stuff. Yeah, that's how I go to Home Depot. I have a thickness and width in mind, and then I wander. 
  2. Buy paint.
  3. Own a saw and a husband who knows how to use it. Or just the saw and be more coordinated than I am.
  4. And yes, I know own is modifying husband in the sentence. I don't own him, but he's mine. So kinda.
  5. Cut the wood to size. Whatever size will look good. I just made mine part of the window molding.
  6. Buy hooks.
  7. Cut the wood. 
  8. Glue it all together using wood glue.
  9. Nail it up. Nail gun works best. Otherwise use screws I guess?
  10. Paint. 
  11. Screw in the hooks.

All pretty easy and self explanatory. 

Let me know if I'm being vague.... As I didn't do any part of this project really. Just paint. **Evil Laugh**

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment