Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Ugly Cord Conundrum

Since we moved into our home and hung the TV on the wall of the bedroom, I've been staring at the ugly cords hanging below it.  There is something about electrical cords that just irks me.  I even tried braiding them so they would be less messy, which helped for a little while.

But then I was back to obsessing.

Before:


 

So here is what I did...

Tool List: 
  • Ribbon
  • Screwdriver
  • Pencil
  • Electrical Tape
  • Drywall Saw
  • Scissors
  • Recessed Cable Plate




Pull that table/mess away from the wall.


Plan where you want your cords to come out.


Make sure to note how to plug your cords back in the TV.


Buy this handy thing to make your hole nice and clean looking.


Use the template and begin cutting!



Surprisingly fun! And sinister. 


Hint: Tape one side of your square so it doesn't fall into the wall.


**Poof!**


Take your TV off the wall and repeat process for the upper hole.



Using whatever you'd like (I used a grosgrain ribbon), pull the cords through the wall. I put the ribbon in the top hole, threaded it to the bottom hole, then tied the cords to the ribbon to pull them up. 


Don't forget to thread the cords through the recessed outlet do-dad first! Otherwise you'll have to rethread the cords.


Pop! They came out the top!


Rehang TV and relish your cordless magic!


Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment