Friday, September 5, 2014

Bright and Fun: Little Girl's Room

Eva, or Evs as my phone calls her, is my oldest daughter. She's amazing and creative and vibrant, so when I found out I was pregnant with my second child (the one living in the bird nursery), I decided I wanted her to have the best room on the planet. And I gave it to her! Recognize that wall from Ari's bird nursery?
My most pinned Pin EVER!
I actually upholstered that bed myself at 7 months pregnant. It's really easy. Just a cheap frame from IKEA, plywood, foam, batting, material, and staples. Make it up as you go and it works easily.

Then I swapped their rooms and... well, I had to start over. Oh, and she made caci on the rug pictured and I've never been able to properly replace it. I love kids.

The new room isn't nearly as perfect. 
Just not as nice. But I like the art!
Eva's favorite animal - Titi.
The bird and the woman are from Eva's grandparents. Her paternal great-grandmother made the woman. The other's are from IKEA and Target.

Her dresser area is busy, but in a good way. I mean, she's a kid. I am not a fan of the pink lamp, but she loves it so it stays. The art is from IKEA. As is the Malm dresser. I keep thinking she deserves something more, but I just haven't gotten to it. And it's made so well with so much storage!
I love that Melissa and Doug Responsibility Chart - except I never remember to use it. We call it mitzvah magnets!
Giant beat is from CostCo. Love.
IKEA labels so she knows where her stuff is.
Letter from Hobby Lobby, and curtain rods spray painted to contrast with basic white IKEA curtains.
Leftover party decorations from the cutest party ever!
 On the other wall, Eva has a ton of storage. Book case holds a million books (I'm a horder of books), jewelry, her mirror, and built in cabinets. I've always hated those cabinets, but they offer so much storage I can't tear them out. Right now they're holding my collection of American Girls dolls from my childhood and adult books I don't want to display or give away.
Decals on the cabinet are from Etsy, custom ordered. Great idea!
Bird hook holds up mirror (I love bird decor!) and then the loop holds butterflies cut from a book. It was supposed to be a mobile, but that never worked out.
Purses? Backpacks? We've got a place for them!

So really, although I think her room is incredibly hard to photograph (especially with my poor skills), it's a fun space to foster her creativity.

Stay tuned for more tours and DIYs.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment