Friday, September 12, 2014

Kids' Growth Chart

I love these things! They are easy, fast, and cheap. Oh, and a great memory for your kids that you can take with you if you move.

To Do:

  1. Buy wood - and sand it!
  2. Buy vinyl decals from Etsy and stick them on (or you can write them but I have bad handwriting)
  3. Finish the wood with Shellac or Laquer 
  4. Mark the height on your wall so it hangs properly
  5. Hang it!

I made it tall enough to fit my 6'1" husband's height
I never do the stand and mark - I use whatever the doctor tells me they are
Cute, right? The whole thing took about a day including dry time for the shellac. Just an FYI - shellac dries yellowish over time. My ruler is in a dark hall so we've been okay, but when exposed to light the change is supposed to be noticeable. So be warned.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment