Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Welcome In!

My entry is one of the least DIY rooms in the house, but I've still managed to find a few projects. Form, function, and lack of clutter. I want to create a warm, elegant space that transitions equally to the formal dining room and the family room.
Entry Room - warm and elegant
Biggest, best investment you can make in your house is the front door. These came from Hoelscher Weatherstrip custom doors in Houston, Texas. They customized the size, wood, glass, and style for us. All said, it was $2,025 installed. A pricey set, I realize. But it upped our curb appeal instantly.
Custom Doors - worth it!
My favorite DIY in the entry was the hard-working coat closet.
Coat closet - little unassuming metal detail with a secret purpose.
 Since we use the closet for storing our TV electronics, coats, and recycling, we had to really work to fit everything.
Looks clean, right?
Hooks for coats! Way better than a rod. I just cut wood to size,
installed hooks, and hung!
The TV electronics were a tricky problem, mostly because they always overheated. That's the secret reason for the metal grill on the door. We built shelving for breathing room between the boxes, and installed CPU fans to keep the air constantly circulating. Thank goodness for my genius husband.
Don't tell him I said he was a genius. Seriously.
Pretty metal grill on door - just a metal sheet from Home Depot.


Favorite details from my entry way:
Chamsa from Israel with a custom made typo - can you spot it?
Faux flowers - so realistic...
DIY gold and silver rocks. Just cheap rocks I spray painted in our backyard one day on a whim.
Basket of sunscreen, bug spray, and important mail on the console table for easy grabbing.

 And that's the entry. I still want a small area rug, but I'd have to decide on a decor for the dining room first.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment