Monday, September 8, 2014

I Built a Dog Bed!

I always see those annoying Pinterest ideas of using scrap wood to build things, and I they all make me angry. I mean, who has that much scrap wood??

Apparently my husband does. But it took me an hour to find the 3 pieces I used to make my dog's new bed.
Objects on computer are less red than they appear.

Day One: I cut the wood to size with our miter saw, clamped and glued it together, and let it dry.
I used a steamer lid to create the curved cut out.

Day Two: I made my husband trim the wood to perfection with a table saw. Then he routed the tops. He doesn't trust me with the scary tools.
This is the real color of the stained wood. And the routing Husband did.
I put the box together, and Husband used a nail gun to finish it.
It's 4 sides with 4x4s at the corners to use as a platform for the pillow.

Day Three: After using wood filler on the nail holes, I used Walnut Danish Oil to stain the box while Husband used the table saw to cut the case to size.
The bed base rests on the 4x4s

Finished! I just placed a bed pillow with a case on it in the bed.
Dog still won't sleep in it.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment