Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Don't buy crib teething bumpers!!!

You know those expensive teething bumpers for cribs? The ones that are usually AT LEAST $40 for the set? Yeah, you can make them in 10 minutes and for $5.

Are they gorgeous? Heck no! Are they effective? By all means!
I like messes, yo. They're authentic.
See? Protecting the crib from whatever my girls are thinking they are doing.
And protects from this!
 How to make your own crib teething bumpers:

  1. Buy 2 regular towels. Mine were on sale at Walmart for $2/each. They should be about 54" long.
  2. Buy a cheap roll of ribbon or string. I like grosgrain, but really it doesn't matter.
  3. Cut one towel in half.
  4. Fold the 3 pieces in half lengthwise.
  5. Poke holes in the towels where you want to run your ribbon through to tie to the crib. I made 3 holes for the ends (sides and middle), and 5 for the front (sides, middle, and halfways).
  6. Place the bumper around your crib rail, and use the ribbon to tie it on.

Done.

Warning: Do not stab your fingers and hand repeatedly while poking holes with the scissors. It's harder than it looks, and if you are clumsy like me it's dangerous. Enlist a coordinated/strong friend if necessary.

Just so you know my little monster isn't always a monster, here is Ari being adorable while she reads in her big girl bed.
No, I do not ever brush my children's hair.
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment